Monday, July 13, 2009

Random Photo Monday: A Salute to Our Fathers

Well, these photos are really not exactly random. For my first Random Photo Monday post in quite a while, I'm putting up a couple of family shots. Both taken during World War II – my father in his Navy whites (with the sun in his eyes, darn it!), and M's stepdad in his Army uniform. Handsome dudes, weren't they?

The strange thing is that both were born in the month of October, and both died in the month of July – my father on July 12th and M's on July 4th (holidays tend to be rather traumatic in both our families).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Children of the Lone Star! I love to hear from visitors, so please leave a comment. But just so you'll know - if your comment isn't in English, I won't be able to read it and I'll have to delete it (sorry). Also, at least for the time being, all comments are being moderated.